Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > SHN file format?

SHN file format?

TrashFish9

Sorry if this is a bad question here, but there's this guy who has some Pink
Floyd live shows on CD-R which I'd really like to trade for. However, he says
that some of them are in SHN file format, which I've certainly heard about
before, but know virtually nothing about, instead of the regular format. So
how do I deal with such CD-R's? Can I play them right off the bat in my CD
players just like regular music CD-R's? If not, then what do I need to do, or
what does it take, to be able to convert them to regular file format so that
then they can be burned to new CD-R's? I'd appreciate any efforts to help.
Thanks.

Brian

"TrashFish9" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this is a bad question here, but there's this guy who has some

Pink
> Floyd live shows on CD-R which I'd really like to trade for. However, he

says
> that some of them are in SHN file format, which I've certainly heard about
> before, but know virtually nothing about, instead of the regular format.

So
> how do I deal with such CD-R's? Can I play them right off the bat in my

CD
> players just like regular music CD-R's? If not, then what do I need to

do, or
> what does it take, to be able to convert them to regular file format so

that
> then they can be burned to new CD-R's? I'd appreciate any efforts to

help.
> Thanks.

read this.. a guy who knows what he's talking about... it is possible, u
just need to convert them as described on the page.. SHN software converters
are also on the page.

Brian

"TrashFish9" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this is a bad question here, but there's this guy who has some

Pink
> Floyd live shows on CD-R which I'd really like to trade for. However, he

says
> that some of them are in SHN file format, which I've certainly heard about
> before, but know virtually nothing about, instead of the regular format.

So
> how do I deal with such CD-R's? Can I play them right off the bat in my

CD
> players just like regular music CD-R's? If not, then what do I need to

do, or
> what does it take, to be able to convert them to regular file format so

that
> then they can be burned to new CD-R's? I'd appreciate any efforts to

help.
> Thanks.

hang on forgot the link:
http://www.u2shn.com/shnfaq.php