Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Soundblaster card software problem:

Soundblaster card software problem:

Martin

I am setting up my old computer for gaming. P2 400Mhz. I installed
Windows 98SE, then the software for the Network card followed by my 3d
card. When I install the software for the Soundblaster card everything
appears to work fine, until I restart the computer. It restarts and then
gives the following message, "New hardware found, finding software for
it", or something to that effect. It goes so far and then freezes. I
booted into safe mode and tried to remove the software but gives me a
message that I can't uninstall the program, since it is corrupted.

How can I get my computer running? I have even tried uninstalling the
card, reformatting the HDD, to no avail. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Dan Abrey

"Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am setting up my old computer for gaming. P2 400Mhz. I installed
> Windows 98SE, then the software for the Network card followed by my 3d
> card. When I install the software for the Soundblaster card everything
> appears to work fine, until I restart the computer. It restarts and then
> gives the following message, "New hardware found, finding software for
> it", or something to that effect. It goes so far and then freezes. I
> booted into safe mode and tried to remove the software but gives me a
> message that I can't uninstall the program, since it is corrupted.
>
> How can I get my computer running? I have even tried uninstalling the
> card, reformatting the HDD, to no avail. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

You've reformatted and removed the Sound Card, and it still wants drivers
for it? I advise stamping on it..