Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How Do You Do This??

How Do You Do This??

RahQ5@webtv.net

To copy a web page or web site, how do
you copy it onto a cd? By URL, or can
you copy the entire page as you are
viewing it [opened]?
If you copy just the url, will it still be there on the cd, if the
original site is
deleted down the road??? Thats my
main concern....to keep it till I'm no
longer interested. Thanks!!

Thor

If you use Internet Explorer the easiest way is to go to the page you want
to save, then after it is done loading, click "file" then "save as", and in
the "save as type" box, choose "web archive single file *.MHT". Save it to a
folder on your harddrive, then locate and burn that file to a CD using your
CD burning tools, or windows CD burning utility. It puts all the graphics,
html, text, etc into a single .MHT archive file that can be opened in IE.
Saving the URL only will not save the page.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> To copy a web page or web site, how do
> you copy it onto a cd? By URL, or can
> you copy the entire page as you are
> viewing it [opened]?
> If you copy just the url, will it still be there on the cd, if the
> original site is
> deleted down the road??? Thats my
> main concern....to keep it till I'm no
> longer interested. Thanks!!