Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dell Dimension 2400

Dell Dimension 2400

CLV3

I have been working on a Dell Dimension computer that has turned into quite
the project.

First of all, it is quite slow. I think part of the reason is it SHOULD have
more RAM. I believe it said it only had 128 Megs. So I did tell them they
should invest in more Ram especially for Win XP.

Now when XP boots up I get a message that says something like this....
"App or Dll C:\windows\system32\wm4la398.dll not a valid windows image"

then I get...
Error loading bridge.dll

I have run Antivir, Spybot S&D, and Adaware and each program had many
detections...most of which I could remove. UNFORTUNATELY some of them were
in archived files and could not be removed.

I have the computer running smoother and a little faster than it was but I
REFUSE to let this system beat me. I will be going over again probably on
Wednesday or Thursday.

Any ideas?

ALSO....Has anyone had any experience with Dell computers where certain
factory installed software may cause problems with spyware???

ArtKramr

>Subject: Dell Dimension 2400
>From: "CLV3" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 10/10/2004 1:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>I have been working on a Dell Dimension computer that has turned into quite
>the project.
>
>First of all, it is quite slow. I think part of the reason is it SHOULD have
>more RAM. I believe it said it only had 128 Megs. So I did tell them they
>should invest in more Ram especially for Win XP.
>
>Now when XP boots up I get a message that says something like this....
>"App or Dll C:\windows\system32\wm4la398.dll not a valid windows image"
>
>then I get...
>Error loading bridge.dll
>
>I have run Antivir, Spybot S&D, and Adaware and each program had many
>detections...most of which I could remove. UNFORTUNATELY some of them were
>in archived files and could not be removed.
>
>I have the computer running smoother and a little faster than it was but I
>REFUSE to let this system beat me. I will be going over again probably on
>Wednesday or Thursday.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>ALSO....Has anyone had any experience with Dell computers where certain
>factory installed software may cause problems with spyware???

Call Dell. They'll strighten you ouit fast I have the same computer and it is
fast and trouble free. I added 256 ram.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

blah

i orderd my 2650 specifically with 1 memory stick not 2 with 256, then i
went to circuit city bought my own stick of 256 for total of 512...if your
case is like mine just open the access cover and plop it in.

--
Hatch
http://www.ifeellikebitching.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...