Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help, no RAM, and ramfreer is err'ing, need freware RAM giver

Reply
Thread Tools

Help, no RAM, and ramfreer is err'ing, need freware RAM giver

 
 
Morph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-08-2004
Does anyone know of a good Ram freeing program ( freeware ), as the 1 i am
using Ramfreer , keeps giving me erroro messages, something about 'invalid
image list' or 'incorrect parameter ' so does this mean it is responding to
another program (conflicting, like ...? ), Seems to happen a lot when using
Media Player to play a song in mp3. format, altho' i do not even use a
'image' screen on media player whilst playing songs.. so i have no idea,
what " Inavalid image or parameter " means, does anyone ? Please ?
All suggestions for another RAM giving prog wud be greatly appreciated, I
had 64mb and have exactly ZERO left, so until i buy another comp, this will
have to be the onlt Road i can go down....All the Best Morph, Thanks to
anyone gonna help out !!...Ta


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
derek / nul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-08-2004
You are better off not using one and let windows handle the swap file.

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:02:53 +0100, "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good Ram freeing program ( freeware ), as the 1 i am
>using Ramfreer , keeps giving me erroro messages, something about 'invalid
>image list' or 'incorrect parameter ' so does this mean it is responding to
>another program (conflicting, like ...? ), Seems to happen a lot when using
>Media Player to play a song in mp3. format, altho' i do not even use a
>'image' screen on media player whilst playing songs.. so i have no idea,
>what " Inavalid image or parameter " means, does anyone ? Please ?
>All suggestions for another RAM giving prog wud be greatly appreciated, I
>had 64mb and have exactly ZERO left, so until i buy another comp, this will
>have to be the onlt Road i can go down....All the Best Morph, Thanks to
>anyone gonna help out !!...Ta
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Morph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-09-2004
Derek, how will i know it is doing it, the 'swap file' tprocess,...is it an
automatic thing that WinME does when running very,very low on RAM ?
"derek / nul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You are better off not using one and let windows handle the swap file.
>
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:02:53 +0100, "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know of a good Ram freeing program ( freeware ), as the 1 i

am
> >using Ramfreer , keeps giving me erroro messages, something about

'invalid
> >image list' or 'incorrect parameter ' so does this mean it is responding

to
> >another program (conflicting, like ...? ), Seems to happen a lot when

using
> >Media Player to play a song in mp3. format, altho' i do not even use a
> >'image' screen on media player whilst playing songs.. so i have no idea,
> >what " Inavalid image or parameter " means, does anyone ? Please ?
> >All suggestions for another RAM giving prog wud be greatly appreciated, I
> >had 64mb and have exactly ZERO left, so until i buy another comp, this

will
> >have to be the onlt Road i can go down....All the Best Morph, Thanks

to
> >anyone gonna help out !!...Ta
> >

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
derek / nul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-09-2004
Yes

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 03:13:02 +0100, "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> wrote:

>Derek, how will i know it is doing it, the 'swap file' tprocess,...is it an
>automatic thing that WinME does when running very,very low on RAM ?
>"derek / nul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> You are better off not using one and let windows handle the swap file.
>>
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:02:53 +0100, "Morph" <fred@Morphnet> wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone know of a good Ram freeing program ( freeware ), as the 1 i

>am
>> >using Ramfreer , keeps giving me erroro messages, something about

>'invalid
>> >image list' or 'incorrect parameter ' so does this mean it is responding

>to
>> >another program (conflicting, like ...? ), Seems to happen a lot when

>using
>> >Media Player to play a song in mp3. format, altho' i do not even use a
>> >'image' screen on media player whilst playing songs.. so i have no idea,
>> >what " Inavalid image or parameter " means, does anyone ? Please ?
>> >All suggestions for another RAM giving prog wud be greatly appreciated, I
>> >had 64mb and have exactly ZERO left, so until i buy another comp, this

>will
>> >have to be the onlt Road i can go down....All the Best Morph, Thanks

>to
>> >anyone gonna help out !!...Ta
>> >

>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-10-2004
Morph wrote:
>
> Does anyone know of a good Ram freeing program ( freeware ), as the 1 i am


Why do you NOT want to use all the ram you paid for?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
choosing between HP RAM and Crucial RAM s Computer Support 0 10-28-2009 10:26 PM
is a RAMfreer any good ? shall i leave the comp 2 do it ? Morph Computer Support 5 12-05-2004 03:30 AM
No RAM left, n e 1 no of RAM giver (freeware) ? Morph Computer Support 2 10-09-2004 02:11 AM
Looking for a VHDL or Verilog RAM Model that modles Common RAM Faults Robert Posey VHDL 0 11-26-2003 07:50 PM
Mixing SDR Ram with DDR Ram? Daz Computer Support 2 09-14-2003 03:28 PM



Advertisments