Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > McAfee or Norton?

McAfee or Norton?

Plato

Thor wrote:

> burdensome, escapes me. Other antivirus programs have amply demonstrated
> that an AV program need not be such a big drain on system performance to do
> the job of protecting against viruses worms and trojans.

Agreed.

Lloyd Jones

Go and get laid.

LJ

Matt Pascoe

Im not going to say something different to make it look like I know what im
saying, Norton is the better.

"Warren Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which is the best? I need to buy one this weekend.
>
> Warren

Apollo

"Matt Pascoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Im not going to say something different to make it look like I know
> what im saying, Norton is the better.

Now it looks like you don't know what you're saying ;o)

--
Apollo

Matt Pascoe

I thought the same when I read your reply to mine.

Apollo knows more about computers than he knows about boxing large Russians
:-$

"Apollo" <ian_dunbar6@hot[un-munge-me]mail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Matt Pascoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Im not going to say something different to make it look like I know what
>> im saying, Norton is the better.
>>

> Now it looks like you don't know what you're saying ;o)
>
> --
> Apollo

WebWalker

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:21:05 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Warren
Barr) wrote:

>Which is the best? I need to buy one this weekend.

Norton.
No particular reason just because I been using it from years since the
dos era.

--
WebWalker

Apollo

"Matt Pascoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41647b9f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I thought the same when I read your reply to mine.
>
> Apollo knows more about computers than he knows about boxing large
> Russians :-$

LOL

I do occasionally sell on ebay, but you're quite correct I have never
had to package a large Russian ;o)

--
Apollo

heavenbound

I will chime in here with my opinion after reading a lot of peoples
postings.

I've tried norton internet security 2004 and 2003. I've tried mcafee
internet security 6 and virus only program from mcafee internet security 6.
I've tried mcafee virus 8 as well.

I think norton stuff does bog down the pc, but not terribly like crazy tons.
I do notice it and it sucks. This running on a high end pc. Mcafee does this
way less then norton in my opinion. there are issues i have with mcafee
making you install one patch at a time. install one update, reboot, install
one update, reboot, and do this 3-5 times. norton does it all at once. i
think i find mcafee virus app better then nortons in how hard it stresses
the pc, it is better to me then norton when it comes to putting load on the
pc.

AVG the free edition is good too. I've tried it and well, there really is no
need to spend $ on a virus app when there is the free AVG which does good
too and also doesn't really put much stress on the pc i think.

If I had to choose i might pick the free AVG over them all cus it's good and
free. then mcafee if i wanted some features it has, but i don't think i
care. currently i run mcafee virus app nly, from internet security 6. it's
stupid how it pops up a window update thing in the bottem right of the sys
tray and won't go away till you clcik a continue what i was doing link
thing. it's STUPID. other then that it seems fine and i don't notice it.

Matt Pascoe

"Apollo" <ian_dunbar6@hot[un-munge-me]mail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Matt Pascoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41647b9f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I thought the same when I read your reply to mine.
>>
>> Apollo knows more about computers than he knows about boxing large
>> Russians :-$
>>

> LOL
>
> I do occasionally sell on ebay, but you're quite correct I have never had
> to package a large Russian ;o)
>
> --
> Apollo Creed

Matt Pascoe

Thinking is as far as it goes

I think norton stuff does bog down the pc, but not terribly like crazy tons.

Firefox 1.0.6 and Mcafee VirusScan Zygon Curry Firefox 3 09-13-2005 01:33 PM
Using McAfee with FF 1.0.4 Dave \Doc\ Corio Firefox 1 05-26-2005 12:39 AM
McAfee compatible? balado Firefox 3 02-10-2005 05:49 PM
Re: McAfee AV update kills McAfee AV tonight Chris Mayhew NZ Computing 3 06-20-2004 05:00 AM
Re: McAfee AV update kills McAfee AV tonight Porkster NZ Computing 4 06-19-2004 09:19 AM

Advertisments