Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Need help how to remove a virus

Need help how to remove a virus

Zoli

I did a full virus scan with AVG and the result I got "Trojan horse
Downloader Agent AS
is found in file C:/WINNT/system32?qendna.exe. To remove this virus run AVG
for windows"
I did scan with Panda AV it also did not remove it. Could somebody help me
and suggest
how to remove the virus? Thanks

Thor

"Zoli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HaE8d.71432$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I did a full virus scan with AVG and the result I got "Trojan horse
> Downloader Agent AS
> is found in file C:/WINNT/system32?qendna.exe. To remove this virus run
> AVG
> for windows"
> I did scan with Panda AV it also did not remove it. Could somebody help me
> and suggest
> how to remove the virus? Thanks

It's probably spyware that the AV-ware is picking up. Most of the time AV
software doesn't know how to deal with spyware properly anyway, but may
trigger on some part of it. Try using some spyware scanning tools, and you
could also try going into safe mode and deleting or renaming the file in
question.

Kenny

Also if using XP the virus will still be in your Restore folder and come
back. Disable System Restore, use one of the online scanners, re-enable SR
when PC's clean.

--

Kenny

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Zoli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HaE8d.71432$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >I did a full virus scan with AVG and the result I got "Trojan horse
> > Downloader Agent AS
> > is found in file C:/WINNT/system32?qendna.exe. To remove this virus run
> > AVG
> > for windows"
> > I did scan with Panda AV it also did not remove it. Could somebody help

me
> > and suggest
> > how to remove the virus? Thanks

> It's probably spyware that the AV-ware is picking up. Most of the time AV
> software doesn't know how to deal with spyware properly anyway, but may
> trigger on some part of it. Try using some spyware scanning tools, and you
> could also try going into safe mode and deleting or renaming the file in
> question.

John

Download Hijackthis.exe and cwshredder.exe from

then, spybot from www.softseek.com

Identified as a trojan by AVG, its more likely spyware installed by kazaa
or whatever other peer to peer application you are using.