Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Printing a web page

Printing a web page

Basilic

Is there any way to adjust the settings in IE6 which will allow me to print
the whole text width? Every time I print a page the text and graphics are
cut on the right hand side.

I'm doing the cut and paste method from web to Word, but it's just a pain in
the ass when I could be printing straight from IE.

If IE does not allow full page width printing, does any other browser
(mozilla, firefox, netscape) allow this?

Duane Arnold

"Basilic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:4162c105_1@aeinews.:

> Is there any way to adjust the settings in IE6 which will allow me to
> print the whole text width? Every time I print a page the text and
> graphics are cut on the right hand side.
>
> I'm doing the cut and paste method from web to Word, but it's just a
> pain in the ass when I could be printing straight from IE.
>
> If IE does not allow full page width printing, does any other browser
> (mozilla, firefox, netscape) allow this?

It's the responsibility of the printer to print the page correctly not the
browser. You could set the printer to do Landscape instead of Portrait
printing. You can also adjust the left and right margins. You can also do a
Print to File and pull the file into Word -- don't know about the graphics.

Duane

Chet

It really burns me up when someone designs a web page that forces their
choices on the viewer (or printer). You can change to landscape mode but
not much else.
"Basilic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4162c105_1@aeinews....
> Is there any way to adjust the settings in IE6 which will allow me to

print
> the whole text width? Every time I print a page the text and graphics are
> cut on the right hand side.
>
> I'm doing the cut and paste method from web to Word, but it's just a pain

in
> the ass when I could be printing straight from IE.
>
> If IE does not allow full page width printing, does any other browser
> (mozilla, firefox, netscape) allow this?

Thor

"Basilic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4162c105_1@aeinews....
> Is there any way to adjust the settings in IE6 which will allow me to
> print
> the whole text width? Every time I print a page the text and graphics are
> cut on the right hand side.
>
> I'm doing the cut and paste method from web to Word, but it's just a pain
> in
> the ass when I could be printing straight from IE.
>
> If IE does not allow full page width printing, does any other browser
> (mozilla, firefox, netscape) allow this?

Try reducing the screen font size in IE. That will often result in smaller
text printed on the page as well, which may help.

Basilic

Yah it burns me when they don't take into consideration that people may want
to print the info on thier site, some sites do offer a "print this page"
button.

Will try the font reduction, if not I'll just print landscape.

Thanks again.