Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > DSL and Norton AV

DSL and Norton AV

Roy@home.NOT

I switched from dial up to DSL. Went fairly smooth (with a little help
from our friends in India, a local DSL service tech testing my wires,
and 2-3 ad hoc advisors).

All my internet software is smart enough to find the internet without
dialing - except Norton AV (2003). It keeps looking for a dialer and
then says it can't reach the internet. (well, duh!)

So, how do I fix this ... with the understanding that I am not taking
out my modem or doing anything that prevents me from dial up as back
up access to the net.

Thanks,

Roy

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Roy@home.NOT

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 05:32:41 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I switched from dial up to DSL. Went fairly smooth (with a little help
>from our friends in India, a local DSL service tech testing my wires,
>and 2-3 ad hoc advisors).
>
>All my internet software is smart enough to find the internet without
>dialing - except Norton AV (2003). It keeps looking for a dialer and
>then says it can't reach the internet. (well, duh!)
>
>So, how do I fix this ... with the understanding that I am not taking
>out my modem or doing anything that prevents me from dial up as back
>up access to the net.
>
>Thanks,

Addendum _ I figured out how to download and install updates in web
based interface, but that seems kind of lame.

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Roy@home.NOT

Never Mind ... I figured it out. Thanks for being my net-foils.

Roy - Carpe Noctem