Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > fees

CLV3

Ok....I have a question for any self-employed PC Techs out there.

How do you decide how much to charge customers for computer work that you
do.

For starters, how much do you usually charge if you simply give the computer
a good cleaning, removing any viruses or adware?

Is there a formula some people use or do many people just use a flat rate
regardless of what work they are doing on the computer?

Thanks for any advice.

Thor

"CLV3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Ok....I have a question for any self-employed PC Techs out there.
>
> How do you decide how much to charge customers for computer work that you
> do.
>
> For starters, how much do you usually charge if you simply give the
> computer
> a good cleaning, removing any viruses or adware?
>
> Is there a formula some people use or do many people just use a flat rate
> regardless of what work they are doing on the computer?

Flat rate, 1 hour minimum.

Plato

CLV3 wrote:

> For starters, how much do you usually charge if you simply give the computer
> a good cleaning, removing any viruses or adware?

Most appointments are 1 to 3 hours. A basic tuneup with virus/spyware
removal is about an hour so I cap it at that even if it takes longer.

MCP Fees =?Utf-8?B?U1VSRVNI?= MCSE 10 11-16-2004 04:03 PM
What are the fees for MCSD Jeremy Sikazwe MCSD 7 11-09-2004 07:13 PM
Regarding the Fees & Schedule of MCSE Cert Exam Harindra Devadiga MCSE 6 05-10-2004 02:11 PM
Reduce exam fees Rémy Bucheler \(MCSA, Charter MCDST\) Microsoft Certification 0 05-08-2004 12:13 AM
Re: No signup fees... No monthly fees... We'll give YOU $1.00 to sign up! x Whitecrest HTML 4 12-11-2003 05:26 PM

Advertisments