Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > re : Crashed Hard Drive/Data Recovery

re : Crashed Hard Drive/Data Recovery

Seacocck

hanks for the feedback...but this drive justs clicks when connected to either
eide cable.So I assume it is a physical crash( heads or whatever is in
there).Also I 've read that the more clicking you do , the more damage you
do....I don't know anything about the bios or how to navigate there ..Is that
something that you can easily explain.I assume you enter setup..I'm a quick
study ...any help would be appeciated...thanks again......JG

Michael-NC

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6255-5029761-2.html

"Seacocck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hanks for the feedback...but this drive justs clicks when connected to

either
> eide cable.So I assume it is a physical crash( heads or whatever is in
> there).Also I 've read that the more clicking you do , the more damage you
> do....I don't know anything about the bios or how to navigate there ..Is

that
> something that you can easily explain.I assume you enter setup..I'm a

quick
> study ...any help would be appeciated...thanks again......JG

Bradley26

freezing the drive? that may cause condensation inside, but the denser
cold air would change the flying height of the heads, if it seems to work?
great.

and if the heads stick to the disk, as they do sometimes, you gotta wack the
drive carefully as its sitting still, never jar or drop it when its powered
on

the sound of the clicks can say a lot about whats happening.

news:2dZ7d.51864$(E-Mail Removed). com...