Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Supra external won't work in Windows 2000?

Supra external won't work in Windows 2000?

Johnny Asia

I just bought a SupraMax 56K External V.92, #SM56E
When I tried to install it, Windows locked up. After I rebooted
I was able to install the modem, but when I try to connect to
the internet, or run modem diagnostics, Windows freezes up
and I have to reboot. When I tried to install the communications
software from the Supra installation cd, I got a message that
Windows 2000 doesn't support the software.

Do you have any ideas about what the problem is?

my system:

Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 3
ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
P4 2.8EGHz
1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
Thermaltake 420 watt psu
WD 80 GB hard drive
ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://johnnyasia.info

"If you want to know what the future of music sounds like..listen to
Johnny Asia, then you'll know!" - Jazz guitar legend Dom Minasi

"Johnny's music is universal in the truest sense of the term. It
embraces the musics of this world and anticipates those yet to be
discovered in the future. In a concert at Pauline Oliveros
Foundation's Gallery at Deep Listening Space, Johnny's riveting
performance transported the audience across time to places MTV can
only dream about." - Joe McPhee
("Joe McPhee is probably the best saxophone/cornet instrumentalist in
the history of jazz." - Cadence Magazine )

Review from
Listen.com, Your Guide to Online Music
"When a man describes himself as a "guitarist from the future" the
warning bells go off, ... But Johnny Asia really sounds like he's
doing something new. .....Check the mans' music out and hear something
different."

Payne747

Johnny Asia wrote:
> I just bought a SupraMax 56K External V.92, #SM56E
> When I tried to install it, Windows locked up. After I rebooted
> I was able to install the modem, but when I try to connect to
> the internet, or run modem diagnostics, Windows freezes up
> and I have to reboot. When I tried to install the communications
> software from the Supra installation cd, I got a message that
> Windows 2000 doesn't support the software.
>
> Do you have any ideas about what the problem is?
>
> my system:
>
> Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 3
> ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
> P4 2.8EGHz
> 1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
> Thermaltake 420 watt psu
> WD 80 GB hard drive
> ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card
>
> +
>
> Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
> http://johnnyasia.info
>

> "If you want to know what the future of music sounds like..listen to
> Johnny Asia, then you'll know!" - Jazz guitar legend Dom Minasi
>

> "Johnny's music is universal in the truest sense of the term. It
> embraces the musics of this world and anticipates those yet to be
> discovered in the future. In a concert at Pauline Oliveros
> Foundation's Gallery at Deep Listening Space, Johnny's riveting
> performance transported the audience across time to places MTV can
> only dream about." - Joe McPhee
> ("Joe McPhee is probably the best saxophone/cornet instrumentalist in
> the history of jazz." - Cadence Magazine )
>
> Review from
> Listen.com, Your Guide to Online Music
> "When a man describes himself as a "guitarist from the future" the
> warning bells go off, ... But Johnny Asia really sounds like he's
> doing something new. .....Check the mans' music out and hear something
> different."

Try downloading the Win2k driver from their site:

http://www.diamondmm.com/modems.php

It's the second on one the list. if that dont work try this link:

http://www.diamondmm.com/newarchive....69733F&ml=6E6F

There site have a stupid system which requires you to register to get
drivers so hopefully those links will get round it.

--
Payne747
http://www-the-serpent.co.uk

Johnny Asia

>Try downloading the Win2k driver from their site:
>
>http://www.diamondmm.com/modems.php

I did that, I unistalled the modem, then rebooted & used the
new drivers, same thing happens. Windows locks up when
I try to connect to the internet or run modem diagnostics.

Trent©

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:51:27 GMT, pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com
(Johnny Asia) wrote:

> I just bought a SupraMax 56K External V.92, #SM56E
>When I tried to install it, Windows locked up. After I rebooted
>I was able to install the modem, but when I try to connect to
>the internet, or run modem diagnostics, Windows freezes up
>and I have to reboot. When I tried to install the communications
>software from the Supra installation cd, I got a message that
>Windows 2000 doesn't support the software.
>
>Do you have any ideas about what the problem is?

I think the problem is that yer runnin' Windows 2000! lol

What part of the message didn't you understand?! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent