Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > E-Bay question - advice needed

E-Bay question - advice needed

MIKE COAD

Hi,

In the Item Description window of E-Bay, I would like to achieve the effect
of having the top half of the screen with a white background (to be used for
normal text) and the bottom half with a black background (so that a
photo/postcard image will stand out more).

Is there a simple way of dividing the screen into two halves? Although a
beginner at html code, I have tried following advice on help pages but
irrespective of where I put the relevant code, the background is either all
white or all black.

Perhaps there is another way to achieve this effect.

I have no doubt I am missing the obvious but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pepperoni

Sure, Mike.

for example, snatch this simple background pic:
http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/bosco.jpg

Do NOT link to my pic, snatch and upload to your site, recolor if necessary
to suit your need

Pepperoni

"MIKE COAD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cjlruf$7ci$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> In the Item Description window of E-Bay, I would like to achieve the

effect
> of having the top half of the screen with a white background (to be used

for
> normal text) and the bottom half with a black background (so that a
> photo/postcard image will stand out more).
>
> Is there a simple way of dividing the screen into two halves? Although a
> beginner at html code, I have tried following advice on help pages but
> irrespective of where I put the relevant code, the background is either

all
> white or all black.
>
> Perhaps there is another way to achieve this effect.
>
> I have no doubt I am missing the obvious but any help would be

appreciated.

> Thanks.

Pepperoni

Here is the htm: