Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computer Shutdown w/o warning!

Computer Shutdown w/o warning!

Art

My computer has suddenly started shutting down on it's own and then runs
thru the logon cycle again as if it was "restarted" - happens several times
and then runs "OK" for several minutes then locks up or starts the restart
phase again. Not sure what is occurring - anyone have some ideas?

The only thing I did prior to problem was reinstall printer drivers.

Thanks.

Art

Wizard

It sounds like a classic cpu overheat problem to me.

--
"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the
statue."

Art

Turned out that printer driver was "corrupted" or at least created the
problem - removed driver and all is well - now I need input from Epson to
get printer back on-line.

"Art" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Nzs7d.81136$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> My computer has suddenly started shutting down on it's own and then runs
> thru the logon cycle again as if it was "restarted" - happens several
> times and then runs "OK" for several minutes then locks up or starts the
> restart phase again. Not sure what is occurring - anyone have some ideas?
>
> The only thing I did prior to problem was reinstall printer drivers.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Art

Payne747

Art wrote:
> Turned out that printer driver was "corrupted" or at least created the
> problem - removed driver and all is well - now I need input from Epson to
> get printer back on-line.
>
> "Art" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Nzs7d.81136$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
>
>>My computer has suddenly started shutting down on it's own and then runs
>>thru the logon cycle again as if it was "restarted" - happens several
>>times and then runs "OK" for several minutes then locks up or starts the
>>restart phase again. Not sure what is occurring - anyone have some ideas?
>>
>>The only thing I did prior to problem was reinstall printer drivers.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>> Art

hehe good luck, probally better seeing if there site has later ones or
installing it as the next model up.

--
Payne747
http://www-the-serpent.co.uk