Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Question About Transfering Files?? Please Help..

Question About Transfering Files?? Please Help..

RoryBellows

Hi All,

Trying to figure out the best way to transfer files from my old PC
Gateway G6450) to my new PC (Dell Dimension 8400). Is there an easy
way of doing this?? A friend of mine thought it would be a good idea
to use "Hotline Server" to transfer the files, but this failed as the
speed was comparable to that of a 2400 baud telephone connection, and
had many transfer failures. Any other ideas?? I have about 5 gigs to
transfer. Any help\advice is of course greatly appreciated!!

RBS

Wizard

What I do, is temp. remove drive from old system and replace it on the
new one with the CD drive. Reboot, then cut/copy & paste as needed.

--
"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the
statue."

Martin O'Brien

--
I'm out of sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

RoryBellows

Thats a good idea, but I have 98 on my old PC and XP on the new one,
won't that cause some issues?? Thanks for the suggestion!!!

RBS

transfering to PC to MAC alan Firefox 2 01-25-2006 11:04 AM
Transfering files over network, speed and Laptop performance? TIA. Mac Wireless Networking 4 08-26-2005 01:00 AM
Transfering Files, Please Help.. newenglander Computer Information 2 10-07-2004 01:51 PM
Transfering files from one computer to another one Terry Microsoft Certification 5 07-25-2003 01:08 AM

Advertisments