Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Raid hard drives

Raid hard drives

allan pedley

hi
I am new to this group and hope someone can help. I am thinking of doing an
upgrade i.e. adding a second hard drive, I have 1 80gb Maxtor ata133 7200rpm
drive and I am thing of getting a second. the purpose to make a raid array.
does anyone know the benefits of this type of upgrade in terms of speed of
converting mpeg files. I am recording TV programs and putting them on DVD
but this is slowing my amd xp1900+ to a crawl I use 512mb ddr266. any ideas
please

thanks