Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help .... Help

Help .... Help

Saref Aref

A crash happened to my computer and all I can do is going to DOS mode. But
my windows is XP.
How can I re-install Windows XP via DOS
Thanks
Saref.

Jerry G.

To be basic, make sure that the BIOS setting for your mother board, is
to allow the machine to boot from the CD drive. Insert the XP
installation CD, and follow the install procedure. If you have to format
the drive, you will have to re-register XP.

First see if you can run the repair from your installation disk. The
repair should work most of the time, unless the damage is very bad.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Saref Aref" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41578991$(E-Mail Removed)...
A crash happened to my computer and all I can do is going to DOS mode.
But
my windows is XP.
How can I re-install Windows XP via DOS
Thanks
Saref.

Saref Sref

How can I set the Bios to let the mavhine booting from CD drive. All I have
is few files on "C"drive?!!!!
Thanks
Saref
"Saref Aref" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41578991$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A crash happened to my computer and all I can do is going to DOS mode. But
> my windows is XP.
> How can I re-install Windows XP via DOS
> Thanks
> Saref.

ProfGene

It all depends whether you have your operating system on a cd or a secret
partition. Hitting f8 on boot will get you into the safe mode if you have
the operating system no a partition and allow you to restore the system but
if you have a cd then try to change the directory to the cdrom drive letter
say D: by typing that and hitting enter or using the command cd (change
directory) D:. If you are told there is no such directory then try going
into bios and changing the boot sequence to boot from the cdrom first and
the HDD 0, next and see if it will boot to the cdrom. The only other thing
to try is to boot to a startup disk or boot disk.