Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Format Hard drive

Re: Format Hard drive

bambam

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:18:45 +0800, Sunny wrote:

> I have Windows XP SP1, and i want to format the hard drive, but I have never
> done so...can anyone suggest how to do it?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

The above link is the first of 5,230,000 hits on google after typing "how
to format a hard drive" (minus quotes)-

www.google.com

Try it you'll like it.

Bradley26

get the utility floppy disk from the manufacturer of your hard drive.

restart the computer and make sure you boot from floppy

use the advanced settings, do the diagnostics and the thing where it writes
all 0's

after thats done, insert the Microsoft Windows CD and boot from that, it
will handle formatting for you.

news(E-Mail Removed) ...