Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Network Problem

Network Problem

RS

I can't seem to get a network to work between a 98 box and an XP box,
connected through a hub. Can ping each other. Have been through the network
wizard repeatedly.

Any thoughts?

colin

RS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't seem to get a network to work between a 98 box and an XP box,
> connected through a hub. Can ping each other. Have been through the

network
> wizard repeatedly.
>
> Any thoughts?

This may help.
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art.../wxpwin9x.html

Duane Arnold

"RS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I can't seem to get a network to work between a 98 box and an XP box,
> connected through a hub. Can ping each other. Have been through the
> network wizard repeatedly.
>
> Any thoughts?

The link may help you.

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm

Duane

Jerry G.

In the network configuration, make sure that the XP firewall is turned off
to start with. You may have to have NWlink NetBios installed. Look in the
network set-up for this.

I have networked Win 95, 98, and ME machines to XP-Pro with full success.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"RS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I can't seem to get a network to work between a 98 box and an XP box,
connected through a hub. Can ping each other. Have been through the network
wizard repeatedly.

Any thoughts?

Ross Durie

See http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ring/index.htm.
Don't use the wizard as it does nothing useful. And don't install NWLink
NetBIOS. TCP/IP is all you need.

--
Ross
"RS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't seem to get a network to work between a 98 box and an XP box,
> connected through a hub. Can ping each other. Have been through the

network
> wizard repeatedly.
>
> Any thoughts?

Wizard

Either turn off Windoz's firewall or use netbeui for local file &
printer sharing.