Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > need help buying a pc

need help buying a pc

heavenbound

Where online is a good pc review site? A site that reviews all models, not
just like the best 3 from midrange, low end and high end stuff, but a site
that will review pc models from all different kinds of companies like Falcon
Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.

I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of our
current pcs with new ones.

HF

Try your search button ??
"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20040923203843.191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where online is a good pc review site? A site that reviews all models, not
> just like the best 3 from midrange, low end and high end stuff, but a site
> that will review pc models from all different kinds of companies like

Falcon
> Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.
>
> I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of our
> current pcs with new ones.

---

Bradley26

what about pc world? computer shopper? cnet?

"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20040923203843.191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where online is a good pc review site? A site that reviews all models, not
> just like the best 3 from midrange, low end and high end stuff, but a site
> that will review pc models from all different kinds of companies like

Falcon
> Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.
>
> I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of our
> current pcs with new ones.

heavenbound

those do not show what i want.

"Bradley26" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> what about pc world? computer shopper? cnet?
>

> "heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20040923203843.191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Where online is a good pc review site? A site that reviews all models,

not
> > just like the best 3 from midrange, low end and high end stuff, but a

site
> > that will review pc models from all different kinds of companies like

> Falcon
> > Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.
> >
> > I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of

our
> > current pcs with new ones.

Wizard

X-No-Archive:Yes

Here are my personal ratings based on Performance, Quality, Tech Support
and compatibility. 10 = Best, 0 = DO NOT BUY (even if free):

Dell 7.9 (fails in Customer/tech support)
Micron 7.8 (inflexible and pricey)
IBM 6.5
Compaq 5.2
Gateway 5.0
Acer 4.9
Sony 4.2
AOpen 3.9
Tiny 3.5
EMachines 3.0
HP 2.9
NEC/Packard Bell 2.0
Daewoo 0.2 (anything from them)

Shop/Custom built machines are impossible to give a general rating
because they are all different and vary daily, although it is here that
you find the ratings of 9's and 10's..

Bradley26 wrote:

> what about pc world? computer shopper? cnet?
>
> "heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20040923203843.191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Where online is a good pc review site? A site that reviews all models, not
> > just like the best 3 from midrange, low end and high end stuff, but a site
> > that will review pc models from all different kinds of companies like

> Falcon
> > Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.
> >
> > I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of our
> > current pcs with new ones.

heavenbound

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> X-No-Archive:Yes
>
> Here are my personal ratings based on Performance, Quality, Tech Support
> and compatibility. 10 = Best, 0 = DO NOT BUY (even if free):
>
> Dell 7.9 (fails in Customer/tech support)
> Micron 7.8 (inflexible and pricey)
> IBM 6.5
> Compaq 5.2
> Gateway 5.0
> Acer 4.9
> Sony 4.2
> AOpen 3.9
> Tiny 3.5
> EMachines 3.0
> HP 2.9
> NEC/Packard Bell 2.0
> Daewoo 0.2 (anything from them)
>
> Shop/Custom built machines are impossible to give a general rating
> because they are all different and vary daily, although it is here that
> you find the ratings of 9's and 10's..
>

> Bradley26 wrote:
>>
>> what about pc world? computer shopper? cnet?
>>
>> "heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:20040923203843.191$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Where online is a good pc review site? A site that reviews all models,
>> > not
>> > just like the best 3 from midrange, low end and high end stuff, but a
>> > site
>> > that will review pc models from all different kinds of companies like

>> Falcon
>> > Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.
>> >
>> > I'm looking for info and doing some research to possibly replace 2 of
>> > our
>> > current pcs with new ones.

I guess for me I wish there was some reviews for pcs between $1300-$1800
from a bunch of companies, but I've not seen any. I've done some research
and configured an alienware, falcon northwest, monarch, they suck, rip off,
and dell, and dell had a p4 i might want, but i changed my mind and only
want AMD 64 now and alienware had so far, a descent one for under $1850. i
just still dunno,

Bradley26

"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20040924202654.853$(E-Mail Removed)...
> those do not show what i want.

thats the best there is, and they dont show what you want?? I think you ask
too much

Falcon
> > > Northwest, Alienware, ABS, Voodoo etc.

who are these companies? upstarts and rogues. never heard of them.

ProfGene

I don't know what has happened since but based on tearing apart an old IMB
386 it was built much better than any other computer I ever saw. The power
cables were much more heavy duty built to last indefinitely and all parts
were sturdier by far than anything else I have ever seen. Whether they have
kept this quality up I don't know because they have concentrated more on
mainframes than pcs but I was very impressed by the sturdiness of the IBM
machine at that period in time.