Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > disk partition

disk partition

Sunny

What is the difference between just using Windows Xp to perform a disk
parition and a software "Partition Magic" to do the disk parition?

Which is better? Pls advise.

Thanks.
Sunny

Thor

"Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ciqb7e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the difference between just using Windows Xp to perform a disk
> parition and a software "Partition Magic" to do the disk parition?

XP's disk management tools will destroy existing data. Partition Magic can
resize and alter partitions without destroying the data on the drive. Just
depends on your needs.