Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > System Idle Process - strange connection

System Idle Process - strange connection

Payne747

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the System Idle Process.

I'm running Windows XP pro with SP 2, and after doing a netstat I've
noticed i always have a connection to:

a193-45-10-125.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com

After tracking down what they do i've discovered they are some sort of
massive proxy system for the planet, or something (not to sure!) but I
do know that the System Idle Process is making the connection.

This connection is always active, and have noticed network traffic go
mad when the PC is idle. I have checked fully with Spybot, Ad-aware,
PestPatrol and Norton to see if i've got any spyware\viruses those have
found none. I'm certian the PC is clean.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John.

Duane Arnold

Payne747 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:cikon5$c0d$1
@titan.btinternet.com:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question regarding the System Idle Process.
>
> I'm running Windows XP pro with SP 2, and after doing a netstat I've
> noticed i always have a connection to:
>
> a193-45-10-125.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com
>
> After tracking down what they do i've discovered they are some sort of
> massive proxy system for the planet, or something (not to sure!) but I
> do know that the System Idle Process is making the connection.
>
> This connection is always active, and have noticed network traffic go
> mad when the PC is idle. I have checked fully with Spybot, Ad-aware,
> PestPatrol and Norton to see if i've got any spyware\viruses those have
> found none. I'm certian the PC is clean.

Active Ports to see the connection and Process Explorer to look inside a
running process to see what's using it.

http://tinyurl.com/klw1

Duane