Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > USB connection questions

USB connection questions

news

I have a Dell Optiflex GX1 computer. It has on board USB connectors. It
does work no problem for my digital camera. However, I can install a
printer all in one unit. I have purchased a new USB version 2.0 card and
installed in PCI slot #4, system recognized and installed the drivers
version 2.0 just below my regular USB (on board USB) as shown in device
manager that appear to function properly. But then the system try to
install itself another USB 2.0 (from the same card) at another location on
device manager connection tree (all device listed when you open device
manager). However, it shows up with a yellow acclamation and when click on
it, it said USB slot # 4 not installed properly.
Questions:
Is there something wrong with my new USB card?
Why does it try to install twice?
Perhaps, install in slot # 4 is not proper location, which slot should I
install USB card?

Jerry G.

You should call DELL. Their machines from our experience are proprietary,
and many cards and add-ons from other manufactures do not work in DELL
machines.

I had a lot of trouble to get a standard Yamaha CD writer to work in a DELL
computer. I ended up having to buy the writer from them at about double the
price.

With many of these brand name computers, there are hardware compatibility
issues. In many instances, when adding cards, you will have to go with the
original manufacture cards.

--

Jerry G.

news:FVd3d.2799$(E-Mail Removed)...