Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Microsoft XP Service Pack 2 creates problem!

Microsoft XP Service Pack 2 creates problem!

Adriano

Hello, my PC has always worked very fine.
Today I have just added Windows XP Serice Pack 2 and now when I turn
on my PC, when it shows the desktop I notice the PC works, works,
works much more than before and I cannot use it because it sucks
resources.
It works for 30 seconds.
Why have I this problem with Service Pack 2?
Thanks

bye Adriano

atec

Did you do a hardware check before installation ?

--

Judas

Adriano wrote:
> Hello, my PC has always worked very fine.
> Today I have just added Windows XP Serice Pack 2 and now when I turn
> on my PC, when it shows the desktop I notice the PC works, works,
> works much more than before and I cannot use it because it sucks
> resources.
> It works for 30 seconds.
> Why have I this problem with Service Pack 2?
> Thanks
>
> bye Adriano

Did you play with the XP Services and change any of their settings in the
past?

Dean A. Stepper

"Adriano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, my PC has always worked very fine.
> Today I have just added Windows XP Serice Pack 2 and now when I turn
> on my PC, when it shows the desktop I notice the PC works, works,
> works much more than before and I cannot use it because it sucks
> resources.
> It works for 30 seconds.
> Why have I this problem with Service Pack 2?
> Thanks
>
> bye Adriano

Maybe the firewall getting started. I notice my computer takes about 20
seconds for Zonealarm and Windows firewall to short things out. But then
again I leave my computer on so it is not an issue.

Lloyd Jones

A few of my friends have had problems with ZA and SP2.

What version of ZoneAlarm are you running?

LJ

Plato

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop15.htm#19