Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: PC Restarting?!?

Re: PC Restarting?!?

matthewjohansson@gmail.com

Thor wrote:
> "Matthew J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > hi all,
> >
> > my dad has an AMD Duron 1100 ASUS A7V8X-SE, 256 MB RAM, 40Gb

seagate
> > HDD
> >
> > i know the ram has errors/faults in it. and you Can use the

computer
> > for sometimes 5 minutes and other times for about 4 hrs, and then

it
> > will just automatically restart!
> >
> > i have reinstalled windows and it does it again, it does it on both
> > Windows 2K Professional and Windows XP Professional!
> >
> > not sure what the problem is, could the processor cache be causing

it,
> > if it had a problem, as i am not entirely confident about the
> > processors quality, but just wondering if the ram although faulty
> > could cause it, if i buy new ram i would like it to know that it

would
> > fix it.

> You acknowledge that the RAM has faults, but wonder if that could

cause the
> crashing? The answer is HELL YES! The integrity of the RAM is

absolutely
> crucial to stable operation. Additionally, you do not elaborate how

you
> *know* the RAM is faulty. How did you arrive at this conclusion? I

ask,
> because the problems you are encountering can have other causes. But,

if you
> are certain that the RAM is faulty though, that would clearly be the

FIRST
> thing to fix in the quest to solve these issues.

well there is no need to be rude about it Thor!

i had doubted the ram for a while now, so i downloaded a tool called
"Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" from microsoft and it tested the ram
and told me it had 49 errors in it

well, i am happy to buy more ram, if i know that it is going to fix it,
but i am reluctant as i am unsure if that will fix the problem! so
anything u can tell me would b gratefully appreciated, and just for the
record the motherboard is about 3 mths old, so there shouldnt b any
problems in that!

thanks thor

Wizard

Thor was absolutely correct in his response. It would be rediculous to
keep looking after you have found a major problem until it is resolved.