Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Memory chip question

Memory chip question

JTJersey

Bought a Hytek 512MB 266Mhz PC2100 DDR DIMM for a new system that is
marked as "Non ECC" on the package. In my parts cabinet I found a PNY
128MB 266Mhz DDR DIMM, however there are no other markings on it or the
packaging indicating PC2100 or "Non ECC". I'd like to throw both of them
into the system I'm putting together, but I'm concerned about
compatability. Think they'll play nice together?
--
Registered Linux User #267152

Thor

chances are that the PNY module is non-ECC as well (it's the most common
type used), or else it would probably be labelled as such. In any case, the
modules should work ok in non-ECC mode I would think even if one is an ECC
module.

news:Ua62d.94120$(E-Mail Removed)...

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:20:24 -0400, Thor wrote:

> chances are that the PNY module is non-ECC as well (it's the most common
> type used), or else it would probably be labelled as such. In any case, the
> modules should work ok in non-ECC mode I would think even if one is an ECC
> module.

Thanks much, Thor. I'll give it shot.
--
Registered Linux User #267152