Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > OT ish - Setting Email to send

OT ish - Setting Email to send

sniper

Is there such a thing as a program that allows emails to be scheduled to be
sent in the future? I have to be away for a few weeks and need various
emails sending at different times during that period. Whilst I know I could
use an internet café or even my phone (although there will be a time
difference) I want to go on HOLIDAY and not have to worry about them! Is
there any program - that will work with a web based email as my pc won't be
on whilst I'm away?

Colin Wilson

> Is there such a thing as a program that allows emails to be scheduled to be
> sent in the future?

There may still be some free "anonymous remailers" on the net - these
used to allow you to set a time and date when they sent the mail.

--- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---

vg

"sniper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<41469ea8$0$70656$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Is there such a thing as a program that allows emails to be scheduled to be
> sent in the future? I have to be away for a few weeks and need various
> emails sending at different times during that period. Whilst I know I could
> use an internet café or even my phone (although there will be a time
> difference) I want to go on HOLIDAY and not have to worry about them! Is
> there any program - that will work with a web based email as my pc won't be
> on whilst I'm away?

If he uses Yahoo then you can set birthdays or reminders in his
calendar. He will get an email every time the 'meeting' is supposed to
take place. Yahoo also allow (IIRC) a way of sending reminder mails to
another account which could be his usual email address.

Having thought of it I can think of many uses of this application....

VG