Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Mozilla Thunderbird - Removing Posts from a group once read

Mozilla Thunderbird - Removing Posts from a group once read

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

I am using Mozilla Thunderbird version 0.5.

Is there a way to "expire" posts on my computer? In some groups I have
over 10,000 messages backdated and I don't need them. Over time this
seriously slows down my computer when I click on a new newsgroup.

Is there a way to delete the threads or posts that are, say, over a week
old? I don't just mean displaying them, but I mean actually removing
them off the computer or put in an archive so that on startup
Thunderbird just shows the recent posts (quickly).

thanks!