Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How to get back in the Restore System

How to get back in the Restore System

Fred J

I downloaded some free Spyware program on my computer and since then
I can not get on the Internet I uninstalled it but still can not get on. I
called my
ISP (cable) they told me that from their side is everything O.K. I tried to
go to
System Restore but can not get to previous month (august) when I click on
the
back arrow nothing happens. I checked if the Restore System is off or on it
is on
so why I can not move back, I tried it even in Safe Mode it is the same. Any
suggestions
how could I get back in the System Restore? Thanks Fred

HF

Have you done the update ? Dont rely on SR. Reinstal your dial up
connection and forget SR. Works best when disabled. At least then you know
it is not going to help.
"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cn71d.19004$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I downloaded some free Spyware program on my computer and since then
> I can not get on the Internet I uninstalled it but still can not get on. I
> called my
> ISP (cable) they told me that from their side is everything O.K. I tried

> go to
> System Restore but can not get to previous month (august) when I click on
> the
> back arrow nothing happens. I checked if the Restore System is off or on

it
> is on
> so why I can not move back, I tried it even in Safe Mode it is the same.

Any
> suggestions
> how could I get back in the System Restore? Thanks Fred

---

WebWalker

Your better bid is to download a spyware killer program such as Ad-ware
from http://www.lavasoft.nu/.
Btw did you download the latest virus data file?
If yes, try to do a virus scan to all your hd(s).

--
WebWalker