Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > smtp server

smtp server

hog

Dear friend:
I want to make smtp server on my computer.A good software named ADR
was choosed but I also can't send E-mail via my computer.from the log
message I know that it must conect to the DNS server.the DNS server is
available .I use the LAN but I still can't send via my computer.Maybe
the DNS server forbid it's smtp function

Duane Arnold

hog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ci1oih$2a06$(E-Mail Removed)99.com:

> Dear friend:
> I want to make smtp server on my computer.A good software named ADR
> was choosed but I also can't send E-mail via my computer.from the log
> message I know that it must conect to the DNS server.the DNS server is
> available .I use the LAN but I still can't send via my computer.Maybe
> the DNS server forbid it's smtp function

A DNS server only provides URL to IP resolution on the ISP's network and
could care less about the SMTP protocol. There is something preventing it
from happening on your machine, like may be the FW or something along those
lines.

Duane