Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IGRP

Raimond Alpers

Hello!
During the study for the CCNA, I found a (simple)question with a strange
answer:
What is the routing protocol used by IGRP??
a.)Split horizon
b.)Distance vector

a.) should be correct. My opinion is b.), because in another question it is
confirmed that Distance Vector is the algorith for RIP

Thanks for comments

Ray

andreas.schnell@creativez.de

> Hello!
> During the study for the CCNA, I found a (simple)question with a strange
> answer:
> What is the routing protocol used by IGRP??
> a.)Split horizon
> b.)Distance vector
>
> a.) should be correct. My opinion is b.), because in another question it is
> confirmed that Distance Vector is the algorith for RIP

Split Horizon is NO routing protocol. It is a mechanism to avoid sending
routing packtes back to it's origin.

So the clear answer is B

cheers

Andy

jimleong

In article <bskhs8$6mc$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, Raimond Alpers wrote:
> Hello!
> During the study for the CCNA, I found a (simple)question with a strange
> answer:
> What is the routing protocol used by IGRP??
> a.)Split horizon
> b.)Distance vector
>
> a.) should be correct. My opinion is b.), because in another question it is
> confirmed that Distance Vector is the algorith for RIP

Both RIP and IGRP are Distance Vector routing protocols. IGRP is Cisco's
proprietary implementation of Distance Vector protocol.

IGRP NO Gateway Howard Huntley Cisco 3 08-27-2004 11:55 PM
Static and IGRP Howard Huntley Cisco 2 08-26-2004 11:49 PM
IGRP 10 on IOS v11.3(3)T Howard Huntley Cisco 0 08-26-2004 04:58 PM
Two routers IGRP/OSPF problem Simon Chamberlain Cisco 3 01-17-2004 09:56 AM
IGRP HELP Tom Wu Cisco 3 11-22-2003 03:10 AM

Advertisments