Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Can't install a printer, needs help

Can't install a printer, needs help

none

I have a Dell Optiflex PII with 450 Mhz CPU speed running Windows 2000
version 5.00.2195 and service pack 4. Currently I have USB digital camera
connect to it and the USB connection works no problem. I had HP printer
(USB as well) was working fine but I gave the printer away. I bought new
all in one unit from HP and had difficulty installing it. I think I must
have spent 5 to 6 hrs in the phone with support to resolve but without a
success. Some suggest that I should upgrade USB driver. Does anyone know
how to check USB my current driver or where to get an update USB driver? If
it is a problem, why don't I have the similar problem with my digital
camera?

Duane Arnold

"none" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:IZH0d.35258$(E-Mail Removed) :

> I have a Dell Optiflex PII with 450 Mhz CPU speed running Windows 2000
> version 5.00.2195 and service pack 4. Currently I have USB digital
> camera connect to it and the USB connection works no problem. I had
> HP printer (USB as well) was working fine but I gave the printer away.
> I bought new all in one unit from HP and had difficulty installing
> it. I think I must have spent 5 to 6 hrs in the phone with support to
> resolve but without a success. Some suggest that I should upgrade USB
> driver. Does anyone know how to check USB my current driver or where
> to get an update USB driver? If it is a problem, why don't I have the
> similar problem with my digital camera?

You go to Device Manager and right-click on the device Properties.

Duane

none

I have done all that including editing "regedit" with HPsupport personnel.
I have other suggest that I should replace me USB ports with a plug in card
instead of on board. Even though my USB port (either one of them) for my
camera is still working. Does anyone has this similar experience and what is
the resolution to get the software to install?

news:Xns9561A60697A97notmenotmecom@216.148.227.77. ..
> "none" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:IZH0d.35258$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
> > I have a Dell Optiflex PII with 450 Mhz CPU speed running Windows 2000
> > version 5.00.2195 and service pack 4. Currently I have USB digital
> > camera connect to it and the USB connection works no problem. I had
> > HP printer (USB as well) was working fine but I gave the printer away.
> > I bought new all in one unit from HP and had difficulty installing
> > it. I think I must have spent 5 to 6 hrs in the phone with support to
> > resolve but without a success. Some suggest that I should upgrade USB
> > driver. Does anyone know how to check USB my current driver or where
> > to get an update USB driver? If it is a problem, why don't I have the
> > similar problem with my digital camera?
> >

> You go to Device Manager and right-click on the device Properties.
>
> Duane

Computer Doctor

Have you check with Dell support for an updated driver for your Otiplex?
There could be updated drivers for everything for that unit.
http://support.dell.com. And gees I can't believe that HP had you on the
phone for 5 to 6 hours. And did the HP support tech talk to you about issues
or is there a driver issue with the Windows 2K OS?

Computer Doctor

WebWalker

Did you uninstall the previous printer driver?
Did you install the right driver for you new printer?

Some devices need you to install the driver first before connecting the
devices to the system.

--
WebWalker