Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HD problem

HD problem

Rick

I have two 18 gig hard drives in my computer, one shows 18g but the other
shows 305mb,,any help? please

HF

Check your jumper settings first thing.Check on mfrs website for
diagnostic/instal software.
> I have two 18 gig hard drives in my computer, one shows 18g but the other
> shows 305mb,,any help? please

---

Rick

I have the second drive as slave, the website has no updates, any help?
> I have two 18 gig hard drives in my computer, one shows 18g but the other
> shows 305mb,,any help? please

VWWall

Rick wrote:

> I have the second drive as slave, the website has no updates, any help?
>
>>I have two 18 gig hard drives in my computer, one shows 18g but the other
>>shows 305mb,,any help? please

See what fdisk says about existing partitions. There may be only a
305MB partition that Windows can recognize. Where did it come from
before you installed it as slave? What OS is on the present computer?
Drive type(s) might also give us a clue.

Virg Wall
--
A foolish consistency is the
hobgoblin of little minds,........

Rick

its a new hard drive, im using windows xp, the hard drives are both seagate
news:hen0d.12292$w%(E-Mail Removed) link.net...