Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Can not connect to Internet

Can not connect to Internet

Fred J

My friend can not connect to the Internet (cable connection), he checked
with the provider
and they told him from their side is all O.K. I checked with him the Network
connection in the
Control Panel, the connection status is :connected, the time is clicking
activity= sent pockets:4,151 received:0,
where should we look for the problem to fix it?
When we boot the computer Norton message will pop up" Symantec E-mail proxy
can not scan
your E-mail messages because you Network is not properly configured.
Tried System Restore can not get back to previous month same in Safety
mode.
OS is Wind.XP Pro,
Thanks

Duane Arnold

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:6Gu%c.14851$(E-Mail Removed):

> My friend can not connect to the Internet (cable connection), he
> checked with the provider
> and they told him from their side is all O.K. I checked with him the
> Network connection in the
> Control Panel, the connection status is :connected, the time is
> clicking activity= sent pockets:4,151 received:0,
> where should we look for the problem to fix it?
> When we boot the computer Norton message will pop up" Symantec E-mail
> proxy can not scan
> your E-mail messages because you Network is not properly configured.
> Tried System Restore can not get back to previous month same in
> Safety mode.
> OS is Wind.XP Pro,
> Thanks

What IP is the machine getting when IPCONFIG /ALL is entered at the DOS
Command Prompt?

NIC(s) do become defective and not work anymore.

Duane

Jerry G.

Has he installed any types of firewall programs lately??? I have seen a
number of users decide for some reason that they need a firewall program
installed. After that, it is a big task to get it out, or to at least allow
internet access again.

If he is using a descent cable modem, it should have a hardware firewall
built in, and thus not require any external firewall softwares.

--

Jerry G.