Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Display Problems

Display Problems

gomer

I am having display problems. I am using WindowsXP. All images do not
display properly. Some colors and parts of the images are readable but
when most of the pictures are displayed, the individual is almost always
gray in color and the clothing has various colors. Sometimes the
picture is entirely black.
I have tried to change my computer theme display to use Windows Classic,
but usually it always resets itself to Modified Theme. When I change my
Screen saver to Starfield, it almost always changes to WindowsXP type
screen saver.
In Appearance, I want Color Scheme as Windows Classic but usually
reverts back to Windows Standard. In screen settings, I want my
resolutions of my screen set to 800 600 and color quality to 16 bit or
32 bit, but it always sets my screen to 640 x 480 and color quality to
Lowest (4-bit).
I always use apply when changing any of the fields. What can I do to
get the display settings to remain to what I want them to be?
Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thor

"gomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0uu%c.10500$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> I am having display problems. I am using WindowsXP. All images do not
> display properly. Some colors and parts of the images are readable but
> when most of the pictures are displayed, the individual is almost always
> gray in color and the clothing has various colors. Sometimes the
> picture is entirely black.
> I have tried to change my computer theme display to use Windows Classic,
> but usually it always resets itself to Modified Theme. When I change my
> Screen saver to Starfield, it almost always changes to WindowsXP type
> screen saver.
> In Appearance, I want Color Scheme as Windows Classic but usually
> reverts back to Windows Standard. In screen settings, I want my
> resolutions of my screen set to 800 600 and color quality to 16 bit or
> 32 bit, but it always sets my screen to 640 x 480 and color quality to
> Lowest (4-bit).
> I always use apply when changing any of the fields. What can I do to
> get the display settings to remain to what I want them to be?
> Does anyone have any suggestions.

Sounds like the incorrect or a malfunctioning video driver is installed. Try
updating your video drivers.

derek / nul

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 02:52:44 GMT, gomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am having display problems. I am using WindowsXP. All images do not
>display properly. Some colors and parts of the images are readable but
>when most of the pictures are displayed, the individual is almost always
>gray in color and the clothing has various colors. Sometimes the
>picture is entirely black.
>I have tried to change my computer theme display to use Windows Classic,
>but usually it always resets itself to Modified Theme. When I change my
>Screen saver to Starfield, it almost always changes to WindowsXP type
>screen saver.
>In Appearance, I want Color Scheme as Windows Classic but usually
>reverts back to Windows Standard. In screen settings, I want my
>resolutions of my screen set to 800 600 and color quality to 16 bit or
>32 bit, but it always sets my screen to 640 x 480 and color quality to
>Lowest (4-bit).
>I always use apply when changing any of the fields. What can I do to
>get the display settings to remain to what I want them to be?
>Does anyone have any suggestions.

You do not have the correct display driver installed, update your video driver.