Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Supanet

Supanet

Derek F.

I am setting up a neighbours computer and she wants to use Supanet. We went
through the registration process and she got her user name and password.
After that we failed to connect to the site as somehow the wrong phone
number is being dialled. B******d if I'm going to pay 50p a minute to their
support to find it out. What is the 0845? number to use for unmetered use.
Derek.

dfrog

"Derek F." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:chif5h$dn0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am setting up a neighbours computer and she wants to use Supanet. We went
> through the registration process and she got her user name and password.
> After that we failed to connect to the site as somehow the wrong phone
> number is being dialled. B******d if I'm going to pay 50p a minute to
> their
> support to find it out. What is the 0845? number to use for unmetered use.
> Derek.

Derek,
The 'Help' bit on Supanet site gives the number 0845 1227777
dfrog

Derek F.

"dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Derek F." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:chif5h$dn0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am setting up a neighbours computer and she wants to use Supanet. We

went
> > through the registration process and she got her user name and password.
> > After that we failed to connect to the site as somehow the wrong phone
> > number is being dialled. B******d if I'm going to pay 50p a minute to
> > their
> > support to find it out. What is the 0845? number to use for unmetered

use.
> > Derek.
> >

> Derek,
> The 'Help' bit on Supanet site gives the number 0845 1227777
> dfrog

Thanks, I had just found it. For some reason a strange 13 digit number came
up.
Derek.

Derek F.

"dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Derek F." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:chif5h$dn0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am setting up a neighbours computer and she wants to use Supanet. We

went
> > through the registration process and she got her user name and password.
> > After that we failed to connect to the site as somehow the wrong phone
> > number is being dialled. B******d if I'm going to pay 50p a minute to
> > their
> > support to find it out. What is the 0845? number to use for unmetered

use.
> > Derek.
> >

> Derek,
> The 'Help' bit on Supanet site gives the number 0845 1227777
> dfrog

It seems that the modems in Time computers are rigged only to connect to
Supanet phone numbers so it is surprising that I had a problem
Derek.

Old Demdike

"Derek F." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<chnbm1$49j$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "dfrog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Derek F." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:chif5h$dn0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I am setting up a neighbours computer and she wants to use Supanet. We

> went
> > > through the registration process and she got her user name and password.
> > > After that we failed to connect to the site as somehow the wrong phone
> > > number is being dialled. B******d if I'm going to pay 50p a minute to
> > > their
> > > support to find it out. What is the 0845? number to use for unmetered

> use.
> > > Derek.
> > >

> > Derek,
> > The 'Help' bit on Supanet site gives the number 0845 1227777
> > dfrog
> >

> It seems that the modems in Time computers are rigged only to connect to
> Supanet phone numbers so it is surprising that I had a problem
> Derek.

Supanet changed to 0844 series numbers over the last month
The pay-as-you go number is now 08447110011
They say BT made using 0845 numbers commercial suicide - I think the
real reason in you can add 0845 numbers to "families and friends" -
you can't with 0844
Demdike

Supanet newsreader in UK oldgit Computer Support 6 07-18-2006 10:29 PM
Supanet 1MB service problems LR Computer Support 0 12-31-2004 11:35 PM
Tiny & Supanet! Cleb Computer Support 4 09-12-2004 08:42 PM
Supanet ISP connection Gra Computer Information 2 07-05-2004 10:24 PM
Supanet registration Richard Computer Support 1 01-05-2004 07:56 PM

Advertisments