Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Laptop CD Rom Skipping When Playing Audio

Laptop CD Rom Skipping When Playing Audio

Kentucky Rain

Anyone have any idea why my CDROM is developing a tendency to skip much
more often when playing audio CDs. Any idea? One CD I put in also
doesn't even get recognised as a CD. Someone said I should get a
cleaning CD for the heads, do they usually have much success

Trevor

Thor

"Kentucky Rain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have any idea why my CDROM is developing a tendency to skip much
> more often when playing audio CDs. Any idea? One CD I put in also
> doesn't even get recognised as a CD. Someone said I should get a
> cleaning CD for the heads, do they usually have much success

It could be that the lens is dirty. CD players don't have "heads" they have
a laser lens. You can try a cleaning CD. If that doesn't work, then it's
most likely time to replace the drive. In the case of a laptop, that will
most likely need to come from the manufacturer.

Audio Skipping Win XP Nathan E. Jeffries Computer Support 4 06-02-2008 06:11 PM
Audio goes blank when playing movies on DVD-ROM drive joedoe_31@hotmail.com DVD Video 7 04-07-2006 12:41 AM
Audio skipping. Mark Radford DVD Video 3 10-22-2003 05:45 AM
Win XP Sp1 CD ROM and DVD Rom Not Recognizing Newly inserted discs Hunter Computer Support 4 10-14-2003 05:38 AM
audio CD with winXP - skipping Jim Computer Support 4 10-11-2003 04:58 PM

Advertisments