Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Building a New Computer

Building a New Computer

rbell

I am helping a very poor friend upgrade to a new compter. She is a graphic
designer but does not do animation. I have built a computer or two over
the years, but am confused when I go to Aberdeen and look at all the mother
boards. She needs a good quality, reliable very basic computer that will
use a Pentium 4 or AMD Atheon chip. 1 gig of memory. No onboard video or
audio. We will get a video card. A good aray of connections USB etc. I
find the present selection of boards to be very confusing. She uses
photoshop a lot with 30MB max files. Any suggestions.

Thank You in advance

HF

http://www.8dimensional.com/mainboard-reviews/

Have a look here. Also look at the Asus site and others and then check
reviews

"rbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fKm_c.14421$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am helping a very poor friend upgrade to a new compter. She is a

graphic
> designer but does not do animation. I have built a computer or two over
> the years, but am confused when I go to Aberdeen and look at all the

mother
> boards. She needs a good quality, reliable very basic computer that will
> use a Pentium 4 or AMD Atheon chip. 1 gig of memory. No onboard video or
> audio. We will get a video card. A good aray of connections USB etc. I
> find the present selection of boards to be very confusing. She uses
> photoshop a lot with 30MB max files. Any suggestions.
>
> Thank You in advance

---

Wizard

You will never go wrong with Abit, Asus or Intel boards.