Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dial Up Connection box

Dial Up Connection box

kevin wainhouse

Can someone help?

My OS is W 98SE & I use Outlook for mail

My problem is that the Dial Up Connection box keeps popping up
when I am offline. Frequently I have to keep clicking 'X'
to remove it. Every 10/ 15 minutes later, the box returns.

I have tried going into Modem & Internet connection
properties to adjust but there doesn't seem anything to
prevent this from automatically keep popping up.

Any ideas

Kevin

Chet

Do you have Outlook set to check for new mail every 10-15 minutes? If not,
you might have some kind of spyware trying to dial out.
"kevin wainhouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XWlZc.75426$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Can someone help?
>
> My OS is W 98SE & I use Outlook for mail
>
> My problem is that the Dial Up Connection box keeps popping up
> when I am offline. Frequently I have to keep clicking 'X'
> to remove it. Every 10/ 15 minutes later, the box returns.
>
> I have tried going into Modem & Internet connection
> properties to adjust but there doesn't seem anything to
> prevent this from automatically keep popping up.
>
> Any ideas
>

> Kevin

HF

It is an interloper. something.like a joking dialer somewhere.You will have
to seek it out.
"Chet" <chartley(nospam)(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Do you have Outlook set to check for new mail every 10-15 minutes? If

not,
> you might have some kind of spyware trying to dial out.
> "kevin wainhouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XWlZc.75426$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> > Can someone help?
> >
> > My OS is W 98SE & I use Outlook for mail
> >
> > My problem is that the Dial Up Connection box keeps popping up
> > when I am offline. Frequently I have to keep clicking 'X'
> > to remove it. Every 10/ 15 minutes later, the box returns.
> >
> > I have tried going into Modem & Internet connection
> > properties to adjust but there doesn't seem anything to
> > prevent this from automatically keep popping up.
> >
> > Any ideas
> >

> > Kevin

---

mbowen83

Download a good adware scanning utility such as ad-aware se or spybot
search and destroy. Run a scan with one or both and that will solve your
problem assuming it is being caused by spyware trying to "phone home"