Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > deciding between Dell, HP & Toshiba for a Laptop

deciding between Dell, HP & Toshiba for a Laptop

Mustafa

I'm considering the following laptops, I want to do a little gaming, cd
burning, email, internet, etc. I don't care about size, weight looks,
portability or battery life. All that matters is performace, durbaility,
reliability & toughness.

HP Pavillion ZV5112EA
Celeron 2.8ghz
40GB HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000IGP
802.llb

HP ZE5700
P4 2.3ghz
30GB HDD

Dell Inspiron 510m
Centrino 1.5ghz
40GB HDD
64MB Video (don't know if it's shared or not)

Toshiba Satellite Pro A60 - 392
P4 Mobile 2.8ghz
40GB HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 IGP

I am leaning towards the Toshiba beacuse of the 3 year international
warranty (especially since I am residing in one country & attending
college in another) However I am willing to part with that if I get a
sturdy, reliably laptop that won't cause me trouble in the first few years.

Captain Ron

Buy a business class machine. I have seen many HP consumer level notebooks
which are lemons. One in fact required three hard drives in 7 months. This
particular notebook was purchased at a local Best Buy.

Hank Sniadoch

I have had 2 HP laptops. One was a lemon and the other is doing ok. HP did
nothing about my lemon laptops. Told me it was too bad. I had problems
with it for 3 years. Went through 3 modems and 2 hard disks. It never
worked right. I don't like HP laptops and would anyone to stay from them.
"Captain Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Buy a business class machine. I have seen many HP consumer level notebooks
> which are lemons. One in fact required three hard drives in 7 months. This
> particular notebook was purchased at a local Best Buy.

Justin

Why not consider an AMD Mobile 64 chip based laptop? Better bang for the
buck. I think the same price as the Celeron laptops.

JK

At what price? Do most people want to pay double the price or more
for something that might be just a bit better?