Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > NEC ND2500A shows as 4x not 8x?

NEC ND2500A shows as 4x not 8x?

Kenny

Nero Info Tool and Nero program itself shows this DVDRW as 4x maximum write
but the specs are 8x. Have flashed firmware to latest official v1.07.
Anyone know why?

--

Kenny

Jerry G.

Are you using the software type and version that goes with the newer version
of drive, and or upgrade that you just did?

I had the same thing with a CD writer. I had to also upgrade the software,
since the older software only saw the slower speed rates.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Nero Info Tool and Nero program itself shows this DVDRW as 4x maximum write
but the specs are 8x. Have flashed firmware to latest official v1.07.
Anyone know why?

--

Kenny

Kenny

Using the latest, 6.1.3.20 version of Nero, same before and after updating.

--

Kenny

"Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you using the software type and version that goes with the newer

version
> of drive, and or upgrade that you just did?
>
> I had the same thing with a CD writer. I had to also upgrade the software,
> since the older software only saw the slower speed rates.
>
> --
>
> Jerry G.
> ==========================
>

> "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nero Info Tool and Nero program itself shows this DVDRW as 4x maximum

write
> but the specs are 8x. Have flashed firmware to latest official v1.07.
> Anyone know why?
>

> --
>
> Kenny

Kenny

Could have kicked myself when I realised there was a 4x DVD-R in the drive.
Can understand why Nero reported 4x maximum but expected Nero Info to show
8x regardless of disc in drive, seems I was wrong.

--

Kenny

news:(E-Mail Removed)...