Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > My Gateway EV 700 sceen is very dark?

My Gateway EV 700 sceen is very dark?

JK

It sounds like the tube is wearing out. Time to buy a new monitor. You are lucky

that you got around 7 years of use from it. I wore out my last monitor after
around four years.

Scrambler wrote:

> I have a Gateway EV700 that is about 7 years old. The screen has gotten
> very dark so I turned the brightness all the way up. I can still see the
> display but I would like to fix the problem. I am interested in any info.
> or advice if you have it, Thanks.

Thor

"Scrambler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Gateway EV700 that is about 7 years old. The screen has gotten
> very dark so I turned the brightness all the way up. I can still see the
> display but I would like to fix the problem. I am interested in any info.
> or advice if you have it, Thanks.

Most likely, it's time for a new monitor.

Jim Berwick

"Scrambler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a Gateway EV700 that is about 7 years old. The screen has
> gotten very dark so I turned the brightness all the way up. I can
> still see the display but I would like to fix the problem. I am
> interested in any info. or advice if you have it, Thanks.

I have the same model sitting on a desk in my house and it has the same
problem after about the same amount of time in service. I agree with
everyone else, time to replace it.

Scrambler

I have a Gateway EV700 that is about 7 years old. The screen has gotten
very dark so I turned the brightness all the way up. I can still see the
display but I would like to fix the problem. I am interested in any info.
or advice if you have it, Thanks.

Kenny

Could take it to a TV engineer who has a CRT rejuvenator. Also an old trick
with tv's was to short out the resistor, if there is one, in the supply to
the CRT heaters.
NOTE: if you don't know what you're doing don't open a monitor, they can be
very dangerous even long after they've been switched off.

--

Kenny