Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Trouble accessing the internet

Trouble accessing the internet

Denise

I'm running XP, using IE, Zone Alarm, AVG, and have cable internet on a
network. My problem is this: on occasions that are getting way too close
together, I can't access the internet through my browser. Instant messenger
programs will work fine, I can check my mail through OE just fine, the other
computers in my house are connected just fine, but I keep having spells of
constant 404s. I've got all the current updates for windows, and have been
having this problem both before and after installing SP 2 tonight.

Any info that might be needed can be provided, and thanks in advance,

Denise

jemirah @ charter . net (remove spaces)

Thor

"Denise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running XP, using IE, Zone Alarm, AVG, and have cable internet on a
> network. My problem is this: on occasions that are getting way too close
> together, I can't access the internet through my browser. Instant

messenger
> programs will work fine, I can check my mail through OE just fine, the

other
> computers in my house are connected just fine, but I keep having spells of
> constant 404s. I've got all the current updates for windows, and have

been
> having this problem both before and after installing SP 2 tonight.
>
> Any info that might be needed can be provided, and thanks in advance,
>
> Denise
>
> jemirah @ charter . net (remove spaces)

Try disabling or uninstalling Zonealarm for a period of time and see of the
problem goes away.