Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > XP Startup

XP Startup

Joe

Hello,

I just installed XP and have installed the latest patches, I'm also using Roxio 5. When I start my pc XP boots and when the desktop comes on Roxio opens to it's Select a Project page. I know all I have to do is close it so I do. I would like to know if XP has a startup area where I can choose to have a program not startup automatically upon running XP? If Roxio has a page to choose to not startup on starting XP I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. My pc has 1.2 cpu with 40m hard disk and 512 ram,
Thank you,
Joe

Thor

Hello,

I just installed XP and have installed the latest patches, I'm also using
Roxio 5. When I start my pc XP boots and when the desktop comes on Roxio
opens to it's Select a Project page. I know all I have to do is close it so
I do. I would like to know if XP has a startup area where I can choose to
have a program not startup automatically upon running XP? If Roxio has a
page to choose to not startup on starting XP I can't seem to find it. Any
help would be appreciated. My pc has 1.2 cpu with 40m hard disk and 512
ram,
Thank you,
Joe

Start/run

type "msconfig" and press enter.
click the "startup" tab, and deselect the items you wish.

Joe

Mr Thor,
Once again you've answered a great question for me. I think you, my family thanks you. You helped me with win 98 for a few years. And now we have XP.
Thank you,
Joe

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Hello,

I just installed XP and have installed the latest patches, I'm also using
Roxio 5. When I start my pc XP boots and when the desktop comes on Roxio
opens to it's Select a Project page. I know all I have to do is close it so
I do. I would like to know if XP has a startup area where I can choose to
have a program not startup automatically upon running XP? If Roxio has a
page to choose to not startup on starting XP I can't seem to find it. Any
help would be appreciated. My pc has 1.2 cpu with 40m hard disk and 512
ram,
Thank you,
Joe

Start/run

type "msconfig" and press enter.
click the "startup" tab, and deselect the items you wish.

Plato

Joe wrote:

Set your html post to even a smaller font to make it even a greater
challenge to read.

oshawabob oshawabob is offline
Junior Member

Every so often, I've been seeing a "Windows Installer ... Preparing to install" message after boot-up. It sits there without doing anything; moments later, it's trying to install Roxio. I click on Cancel to make it go away. After another re-boot, it pops up again.

I removed the trouble-plagued Roxio months ago.

I must go to the task manager\applications and end the task. I went to msconfig and unchecked all boxes relating to Roxio and I still have this annoying problem on boot up.

Anyone experienced this issue before? If so, can you provide any insight/suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.