Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Reply
Thread Tools

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP ME?

 
 
tomass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2004
I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro 430cdt(dinosaur)
to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op disc. or a win 98 boot
disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy drive just cd)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
philo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2004

"tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:752Wc.5166$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro 430cdt(dinosaur)
> to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op disc. or a win 98 boot
> disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy drive just cd)


you need to reset the bios boot order

ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
list it as the first device


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
tomass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2004
"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>
> "tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:752Wc.5166$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro
>> 430cdt(dinosaur) to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op
>> disc. or a win 98 boot disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy
>> drive just cd)

>
> you need to reset the bios boot order
>
> ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
> list it as the first device
>
>
>


I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pepperoni
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2004

"tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IX2Wc.5657$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> >
> > "tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:752Wc.5166$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro
> >> 430cdt(dinosaur) to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op
> >> disc. or a win 98 boot disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy
> >> drive just cd)

> >
> > you need to reset the bios boot order
> >
> > ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
> > list it as the first device
> >
> >
> >

>
> I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.


Uhhh "fdd" is the floppy, which you have *none*, set the CD to boot first,
then the hdd (hard drive).

You might also check the manufacturer's web site for tips and procedure for
installing.

Pepperoni



 
Reply With Quote
 
tomass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2004
"Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>
> "tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:IX2Wc.5657$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> >
>> > "tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:752Wc.5166$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >> I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro
>> >> 430cdt(dinosaur) to clean all the crap out, but with a new system
>> >> op disc. or a win 98 boot disc. it say invalid system disc.(no
>> >> flopy drive just cd)
>> >
>> > you need to reset the bios boot order
>> >
>> > ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
>> > list it as the first device
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>
>> I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.

>
> Uhhh "fdd" is the floppy, which you have *none*, set the CD to boot
> first, then the hdd (hard drive).
>
> You might also check the manufacturer's web site for tips and
> procedure for installing.
>
> Pepperoni
>
>
>
>


It gives me no option for cdrom
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pepperoni
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2004

"tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V83Wc.5762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> >
> > "tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:IX2Wc.5657$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >>
> >> >
> >> > "tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> > news:752Wc.5166$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> >> I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro
> >> >> 430cdt(dinosaur) to clean all the crap out, but with a new system
> >> >> op disc. or a win 98 boot disc. it say invalid system disc.(no
> >> >> flopy drive just cd)
> >> >
> >> > you need to reset the bios boot order
> >> >
> >> > ie: if you want to boot from the cdrom...
> >> > list it as the first device
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >> I did that. I set fdd-hdd and no go.

> >
> > Uhhh "fdd" is the floppy, which you have *none*, set the CD to boot
> > first, then the hdd (hard drive).
> >
> > You might also check the manufacturer's web site for tips and
> > procedure for installing.
> >
> > Pepperoni
> >
> >
> >
> >

>
> It gives me no option for cdrom


check the owner's manual:

http://tinyurl.com/44rba


 
Reply With Quote
 
Global_Killa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2004
"tomass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:752Wc.5166$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just formated my brother in-laws toshiba satillite pro 430cdt(dinosaur)
> to clean all the crap out, but with a new system op disc. or a win 98 boot
> disc. it say invalid system disc.(no flopy drive just cd)


I've had this problem with a laptop before. I used a WinME start up disk and
did a minimal boot. The typed FDISK and recreated the partition, somehow it
had got corrupted but FDISK did the trick for me. Might be worth a try.

--
Global_Killa
"You're a victim of the rules you live by!"

http://punkthenation.tk


 
Reply With Quote
 
Trent©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2004
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:41:41 GMT, tomass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It gives me no option for cdrom


You would do well to have at least one boot device on your computer.
I'd install a floppy drive if I were you.


Have a nice one...

Trent

Budweiser: Helping ugly people have sex since 1876!

Over 50? Go here...in PERSON if you can...
http://web.wxyz.com/cars/wdc2004/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hi can any one please help me.. chiranjeevi muttoju Python 2 02-15-2010 09:12 AM
can any one help me please??? urgent sam Computer Support 7 09-03-2007 03:28 AM
501 PIX "deny any any" "allow any any" Any Anybody? Networking Student Cisco 4 11-16-2006 10:40 PM
Please Help! I need some answears if any one can help topanainc Microsoft Certification 1 08-05-2004 10:40 PM
please help... ...me learn C++ please please please :) KK C++ 2 10-14-2003 02:08 PM



Advertisments