Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Outlook Express sub actions very slow

Outlook Express sub actions very slow

ava cohen

Outlook Express sub actions very slow

I have a Win ME PC

OE opens at normal speed but when I click to:

- read a mail- it takes forever to open
-reply to a message - it takes forever to open

it is very SLOW.

I ran
- adaware
- AVG virus scan
-Scandisk
-Defrag

Still very slow.

What else can I do ?

Any suggestions ?

PLEASE HELP> I AM NOT TECHNICAL.

Thanks
Ava

colin

ava cohen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Outlook Express sub actions very slow
>
> I have a Win ME PC
>
> OE opens at normal speed but when I click to:
>
> - read a mail- it takes forever to open
> -reply to a message - it takes forever to open
>
> it is very SLOW.
>
> I ran
> - adaware
> - AVG virus scan
> -Scandisk
> -Defrag
>
> Still very slow.
>
> What else can I do ?
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> PLEASE HELP> I AM NOT TECHNICAL.
>
> Thanks
> Ava

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/slownews.htm

ava cohen

I do not subscribe to any newsgroups.

Though we have 6 different identities on OE. But upto a week ago
there was no problem.
This happened all of a sudden.

I deleted all the mail in the delete folder, created new folders and
emptied the Inbox,
compacted ALL the folders etc.

Still it it takes forever to open an email when I click on it or a
open a create mail window when I click on it.

Can anyone PLEASE Help me.

What else can I do ?

I am NOT technical.

Thanks
ava

"colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> ava cohen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Outlook Express sub actions very slow
> >
> > I have a Win ME PC
> >
> > OE opens at normal speed but when I click to:
> >
> > - read a mail- it takes forever to open
> > -reply to a message - it takes forever to open
> >
> > it is very SLOW.
> >
> > I ran
> > - adaware
> > - AVG virus scan
> > -Scandisk
> > -Defrag
> >
> > Still very slow.
> >
> > What else can I do ?
> >
> > Any suggestions ?
> >
> > PLEASE HELP> I AM NOT TECHNICAL.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ava

> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/slownews.htm

Justin

might want to reinstall Micro$oft Lookout. It's a turd of a program in the
first place.

rita goldman

Am I doing the right thing ?

To compact the folders I created new folders in OE6 under local folders.
Should the new folders be created under LOCAL FOLDERS ?
After the above I went offline and compacted the folders.

I have tried everything so far but My OE6 is still Freezing.

Any other suggestions ?

I am not technical. I use Comcast cable. OE used to be great now it Frezzes on me.

PLEASE HELP !

Thanks
Ava

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (ava cohen) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I do not subscribe to any newsgroups.
>
> Though we have 6 different identities on OE. But upto a week ago
> there was no problem.
> This happened all of a sudden.
>
> I deleted all the mail in the delete folder, created new folders and
> emptied the Inbox,
> compacted ALL the folders etc.
>
> Still it it takes forever to open an email when I click on it or a
> open a create mail window when I click on it.
>
> Can anyone PLEASE Help me.
>
> What else can I do ?
>
> I am NOT technical.
>
> Thanks
> ava
>

> "colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > ava cohen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > Outlook Express sub actions very slow
> > >
> > > I have a Win ME PC
> > >
> > > OE opens at normal speed but when I click to:
> > >
> > > - read a mail- it takes forever to open
> > > -reply to a message - it takes forever to open
> > >
> > > it is very SLOW.
> > >
> > > I ran
> > > - adaware
> > > - AVG virus scan
> > > -Scandisk
> > > -Defrag
> > >
> > > Still very slow.
> > >
> > > What else can I do ?
> > >
> > > Any suggestions ?
> > >
> > > PLEASE HELP> I AM NOT TECHNICAL.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Ava

> > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/slownews.htm

Jim Berwick

(E-Mail Removed) (rita goldman) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I am not technical. I use Comcast cable. OE used to be great now it
> Frezzes on me.

A) OE sucks
B) Have you considered calling Comcast for help?