Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Explorer keeps messing up

Explorer keeps messing up

transient individual

It takes about approximately 10 to 20 minutes for my computer to start
freezing, and when I press alt ctrl del, it shows each and every time
that Explorer has stopped responding, and then I get that blue screen
saying the system is busy. what is the problem, and how can I fix it?

Jerry G.

This can be a lot of things! You may be out of hard disk space, and the
swap file, and or caching files may not have proper space to work. I have
seen systems where the Recycle Bin has been very full, and no room left on
the disk drive for the system to operate.

I would suggest to first evaluate the amount of space that is left on the
drive. If the available space is too low, then a proper cleanup of the
unused cache files would be the first thing to look at.

If the above all complies, and there is proper space on the drive, it is
possible that you may have some Trojan, or Adware programs running in the
background that you are not aware of. You can call up the resource monitor,
and look at the Services to see the activity, and resource usage on the
machine. If you know what the norms are for your machine, you can then make
some type of evaluation.

Do a virus scan of the system, and download and use the utilities for
cleaning up Adware type programs. Ad-Aware, and Spybot are just a few very
good ones to use for this. Before running any of these utilities, make sure
you do their latest update. These utilities are sometimes being updated by
the hour.

--

Jerry G.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...