Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > harddisk space disapears

harddisk space disapears

kwijlebabulus

hello

Since I reinstalled win xp prof, i loose harddisk space.
E.g.: when I count all the files, even the hidden ones, it says for
example 1.3gig. When i ask the properties of that disk it shows 2.1 gig
in use.

How is that possible?

Is it becaus all the other harddisks are fat32 and the one with
winxpprof on is ntfs??

Or is it just something else?

Please help

greets kwijlebabulus

derek / nul

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:42:40 GMT, kwijlebabulus
<"alexander_rickert(removethis)"@pandora.be> wrote:

>hello
>
>Since I reinstalled win xp prof, i loose harddisk space.
>E.g.: when I count all the files, even the hidden ones, it says for
>example 1.3gig. When i ask the properties of that disk it shows 2.1 gig
>in use.
>
>How is that possible?
>
>Is it becaus all the other harddisks are fat32 and the one with
>winxpprof on is ntfs??
>
>Or is it just something else?

restore!!

Stuart

kwijlebabulus wrote:

> hello
>
> Since I reinstalled win xp prof, i loose harddisk space.
> E.g.: when I count all the files, even the hidden ones, it says for
> example 1.3gig. When i ask the properties of that disk it shows 2.1 gig
> in use.
>
> How is that possible?
>
> Is it becaus all the other harddisks are fat32 and the one with
> winxpprof on is ntfs??
>
> Or is it just something else?
>
> Please help
>
> greets kwijlebabulus

Have you checked the option to show hidden protected system files too?

Have you tried running scan disk and also defrag?

Stuart