Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > what happened to the old guy?

Reply
Thread Tools

what happened to the old guy?

 
 
The Dude
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-21-2006
Common old guy, write something. We miss your posts!

The Dude


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jim Watt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-22-2006
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:19:13 GMT, "The Dude" <The http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Common old guy, write something. We miss your posts!


agreed

but perhaps he retired

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Moe Trin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-22-2006
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
<(E-Mail Removed)>, Jim Watt wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:19:13 GMT, "The Dude" <The (E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Common old guy, write something. We miss your posts!

>
>agreed


If you are referring to me - I'm still reading the group. It's just that
the noise level has been high. I'm an network administrator at a microsoft
free network (I don't even have any windoze boxes at home, though I do have
two microsoft 'Dove Bar' serial mice), and I've not seen much in the news
group to respond to.

>but perhaps he retired


Soon. Mandatory retirement age is 72, but there's no way I'm going to wait
that long.

Old guy
 
Reply With Quote
 
The Dude
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-22-2006

"Moe Trin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in
> article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, Jim Watt wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:19:13 GMT, "The Dude" <The (E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Common old guy, write something. We miss your posts!

>>
>>agreed

>
> If you are referring to me - I'm still reading the group.


Yes, I was referring to you and I am glad you responded.

It's just that
> the noise level has been high.



That's why I miss your posts


I'm an network administrator at a microsoft
> free network (I don't even have any windoze boxes at home, though I do
> have
> two microsoft 'Dove Bar' serial mice), and I've not seen much in the news
> group to respond to.


It sounds like you think of microsoft as a virus for networks


The Dude


 
Reply With Quote
 
Moe Trin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2006
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
<XIywg.217813$iF6.161764@pd7tw2no>, The Dude wrote:

>It sounds like you think of microsoft as a virus for networks


It's not???

No - that would be a bit much on advocacy, and I try to avoid that as
much as possible.

The articles that I've seen in this group just haven't been interesting
or in my line of expertise. Why then should I add further noise?

Old guy

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where can I find old analogue cable converters? What happened to United Artist Cable? Radium Computer Support 2 08-25-2007 11:03 AM
Please Don't Ignore -- Where can I find old analogue cable converters? What happened to United Artist Cable? Radium Computer Support 10 08-25-2007 02:13 AM
new hard disk on old, old pc Deano Computer Support 5 10-21-2005 12:32 PM
old printer and old WP in Windows XP? lu Computer Support 6 01-14-2005 02:18 PM
old sony fd91 finally dying - old age? lefty Digital Photography 5 10-26-2003 05:53 PM



Advertisments