Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Scandisk/Defrag

Scandisk/Defrag

Dave

Will someone please tell me what may be causing scandisk and defrag
to keep restarting.

There are no programs running that would be writing to disk while
the defrag/scan are running.

Operating Win98se

Thanx

JK

Try doing those in safe mode.

Dave wrote:

> Will someone please tell me what may be causing scandisk and defrag
> to keep restarting.
>
> There are no programs running that would be writing to disk while
> the defrag/scan are running.
>
> Operating Win98se
>
> Thanx

LPV

news:44rUc.433$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> Will someone please tell me what may be causing scandisk and defrag
> to keep restarting.
>
> There are no programs running that would be writing to disk while
> the defrag/scan are running.
>
> Operating Win98se

You're not alone. I use the Win ME defrag to defrag my Win 98 and 98SE
systems. Works good. Just google for it.

Loren

Dave

Thanx JK, I'll give it a try.

JK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try doing those in safe mode.
>
> Dave wrote:
>
> > Will someone please tell me what may be causing scandisk and defrag
> > to keep restarting.
> >
> > There are no programs running that would be writing to disk while
> > the defrag/scan are running.
> >
> > Operating Win98se
> >
> > Thanx

Dave

First time I've had this problem. I'll try your suggestion.

Thanx.

LPV <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44rUc.433$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> > Will someone please tell me what may be causing scandisk and defrag
> > to keep restarting.
> >
> > There are no programs running that would be writing to disk while
> > the defrag/scan are running.
> >
> > Operating Win98se

> You're not alone. I use the Win ME defrag to defrag my Win 98 and 98SE
> systems. Works good. Just google for it.
>
> Loren

Dave

Thanx Loren,

I ran the programs in safe mode and they worked. I'll save your idea
for future use. Thanx for your advice.

LPV <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44rUc.433$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> > Will someone please tell me what may be causing scandisk and defrag
> > to keep restarting.
> >
> > There are no programs running that would be writing to disk while
> > the defrag/scan are running.
> >
> > Operating Win98se

> You're not alone. I use the Win ME defrag to defrag my Win 98 and 98SE
> systems. Works good. Just google for it.
>
> Loren

Dave

Safe mode worked fine. Thanx

JK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try doing those in safe mode.
>
> Dave wrote:
>
> > Will someone please tell me what may be causing scandisk and defrag
> > to keep restarting.
> >
> > There are no programs running that would be writing to disk while
> > the defrag/scan are running.
> >
> > Operating Win98se
> >
> > Thanx

Trent©

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:56:28 GMT, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Safe mode worked fine. Thanx

Get the ME defrag. Much faster!

Have a nice one...

Trent

Dave

I will get the ME defrag.

Thanx for your help.

Trent© <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:56:28 GMT, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Safe mode worked fine. Thanx

> Get the ME defrag. Much faster!
>

> Have a nice one...
>
> Trent
>
> Budweiser: Helping ugly people have sex since 1876!

LPV

Dave wrote:

> Thanx Loren,
>
> I ran the programs in safe mode and they worked. I'll save your idea
> for future use. Thanx for your advice.

You're very welcome. Glad it worked for you, Dave.

Loren